Please note that the deadline for submissions for the Women in German Studies Postgraduate Essay Prize has been extended to Monday 5 October! The winning essay will be selected by the WiGS committee and announced at the annual WiGS conference. Winners of the essay prize will receive £100 and the opportunity to have their piece published in the journal German Life and Letters.
The general guidelines are:
- T&Cs – This yearly competition is open to all postgraduate members of Women in German Studies except committee members. It is possible to join the society when sending in submissions.
- Dates – Essay to be submitted by 1 October 2015.
(a) Presentation of the prize-winning essay and award ceremony will take place at the Women in German Studies annual meeting, which this year will be held at Durham University, 6-7 November 2015.
- Prize – The prize consists of £100 for the winner and the submission of the entry for consideration by the editors of German Life and Letters.
- Entry Specifications – Each entry must be:
(a) in English or German;
(b) between 5,000 and 8,000 words in length;
(c) an original work of which the entrant is the author;
(d) it must be complete in itself although it can be part of the dissertation;
(e) follow the GLL formatting style; the style sheet is available here;
(f) submitted electronically as a Word document, with numbered pages, to the Secretary of WiGS, Katya Krylova (email@example.com).
- Judges – The committee of WiGS will decide on the winning essay; the editors of GLL reserve the right to decide whether to publish the winning entry.
Any enquiries relating to the prize should be emailed to the Secretary of WiGS (firstname.lastname@example.org).