Don’t miss the 1 October deadline for the WIGS Postgraduate Essay Prize competition! See below for details of how to enter the competition.
Women in German Studies Postgraduate Essay Prize
Women in German Studies are delighted to announce their prize for postgraduate scholarship. Postgraduate members of WIGS are encouraged to submit essays on any topic within German Studies. The winning essay will be selected by the WIGS committee and announced at the annual WIGS conference. Winners of the essay prize will receive £100 and the opportunity to have their piece published in the journal German Life and Letters.
The general guidelines are:
1. T&Cs – This yearly competition is open to all postgraduate members of Women in German Studies except committee members. It is possible to join the society when sending in submissions.
2. Dates – Essay to be submitted by 1 October 2016.
(a) Presentation of the prize-winning essay and award ceremony will take place at the Women in German Studies annual conference, which this year will be held at Aberystwyth University, 4-5 November 2016.
3. Prize – The prize consists of £100 for the winner and the submission of the entry for consideration by the editors of German Life and Letters.
4. Entry Specifications – Each entry must be:
(a) in English or German;
(b) between 5,000 and 8,000 words in length;
(c) an original work of which the entrant is the author;
(d) it must be complete in itself although it can be part of the dissertation;
(e) follow the GLL formatting style; the style sheet is available here;
(f) submitted electronically as a Word document, with numbered pages, to the Secretary of WIGS, Katya Krylova (email@example.com).
5. Judges – The committee of WIGS will decide on the winning essay; the editors of GLL reserve the right to decide whether to publish the winning entry.
Any enquiries relating to the prize should be emailed to the Secretary of WIGS (firstname.lastname@example.org).